After Monday's transfusion and reflux meds, Jake seemed to have improved dramatically. So much so that when I arrived for his 11:30am feed yesterday, one doc predicted that he could be heading home by the weekend. He'd been bumped up to 8 feeds and taken quite a few in a row with no episodes (apnea or bradys) and no need for the tube. On top of that good news, the eye doc gave Jake his followup exam (since the previous finding was that his eyes were immature), and he passed with flying colors! Needless to say, I was downright giddy when I got home, and began washing up his clothes and digging all the newborn equipment out of the attic. But when I called to see how the next feed went, my turbo nesting came to a screeching halt. He'd had an episode, and has had two since. Looking at our moose of a baby (by preemie standards, since he's now over 8 pounds), he APPEARS to be ready to come home, but maybe "Club NICU" is just too much fun. (Heck, there are days I wish I could climb into a warm isolette and forget everything. Wait, scratch that--sounds too much like bedrest.)
So we're back to JJT (see previous entry). Seems he's just not ready, regardless of how much we are.
1 comment:
How disappointing : ( But like you both have said, it's better to be safe! Thanks for the updates, and keep us posted on Lin!
I love you guys,
Auntie Cri
Post a Comment