Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So Long, Summer (Sniff Sniff)


This morning we woke up to a cold drizzle and a mad scramble for pants that fit the fast-growing Jakester--since I hadn't even considered my Fall "changing of the clothes" ritual yet.

But before I send the swimsuits on sabbatical and concede to cooler temps, here are a few of my fav pics (taken by the talented family photographer, Emily Melson) from another memorable Summer. Highlights included: our yearly shore stay with bonus visit from Texas fam, Jake's 3rd birthday celebration at Strasburg Railroad (where else would you take a train-crazed boy?), Gracie's 5th birthday-Tangled-dance-party-celebration and the simple pleasures of every HOT (it was a sizzler!), sunny day.

Since I'm trying to practice the "giving thanks in everything" thing, I've started a running list of things to love about Fall. I was stuck on "cute boots" for awhile, but eventually came up with pumpkin-scented you-name-it, apple crisp, changing leaves, the arrival of a new nephew or niece (my money's on girl, but I lost that bet before) and so forth. I'll check back if I come up with anything especially profound.

Feel free to add your two-cents too (if anyone's still reading.) Or, if you'd rather just contemplate the power of a pair of cute boots, I can't say I'd blame you.

No comments: