Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Jake Update and Back to the Office...

Just a few updates for the faithful followers of our little blog...

First, Jake had a wonderful 4-month checkup this week! He's now tipping the scales at 13 lbs, 9ozs and measures 24 inches long! (Can you imagine if we tripled our weights in a matter of months--Richard Simmons would NEVER stop crying.)

Also, we were given the green light to retire the apnea monitor. So Jake is officially a cord-free man!

The last foreseeable hurdle is a little corrective surgery that Jake will need that has nothing to do with his prematurity. I hesitate to mention it for fear of embarrassing him someday, but it involves a body part like any other. We're praying for an easy fix (which we have every reason to believe will happen), and meet with a surgeon next week for a pre-op consult. If you're still curious, here's a recent article, describing the condition and possible causes. It also explains my sudden interest in plastics and why I'm looking into purchasing glass (vs. plastic) food containers, among other things.
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine/20081027_Male__interrupted.html

Onto less sensitive matters...I headed back to the office this week for the first time in nearly 6 months! It had remained virtually untouched since June 12th (my unexpected last day). Of course there were a few tears as I plowed through some painful reminders of what I thought was to be back then. But after much dusting and purging, I'm back in business--with some sweet new photos of Princess Grace and my handsome buddy prominently on display. Eric and I continue to be thankful for my family-friendly boss and work arrangement, which includes 3 days in the office and 2 at home.

So that's all the news that's fit to print. Thanks for reading!

No comments: