Since Jake is fast approaching his 8-month bday and my last post was at 6 months, I figured I was overdue for an update. I'll start with a Grace story.
Since Grace moved into her big-girl bedroom a few months ago, I've slowly been adding the finishing touches to my pink-and-brown masterpiece. (Unfortunately, she now insists that her favorite color is blue.) Anyway, as I was eyeballing the wall above her head to hang a very Grace- appropriate sign, "A Princess Sleeps Here," I noticed a cluster of dark spots. I initially thought they were tiny bugs, which was disturbing enough, until I got a bit closer and realized what they really were--boogers! When I questioned Grace about her less-than-princess like practice, she sheepishly confirmed my suspicion. We talked about where boogers do and don't belong, and I wiped them away. Later, when I told Eric what happened, he chuckled and admitted to doing the same thing when he was little, only on his headboard. So it's hereditary-UGGH!
In less disgusting news...Grace is also quite the dancer. She's taken to hanging onto any handle she can find--fridge door, cabinet knobs, you name it--and raising her little legs in various "ball-yay" positions. She loves her tutus and "Bella Dancerella" DVD, floor mat, and bar. I prefer her more interpretative dances though--specifically her mini-gyrations to Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours." My mom couldn't help but crack up at the demo last night when Grace responded to any move I called--"Big spin...knee bends..(and my personal favorite) hip wiggle." It's a hoot!
Onto little man...or "Baby Bunyan" (i.e. Paul), as I've taken to calling him. He was 18.4 lbs. a few weeks ago, so probably closer to 20 by now. Still the happiest, arm-flappiest boy with huge, expressive eyes (which are now green with brown flecks.) Not quite dancing on his own, but he giggles if you take him for a spin around the room. He eats like a champ (homemade baby food, I'm proud to say) and sits well, minus the occasional faceplant. Such a sweet little soul.
As for the 'rents, Eric and I are good too. E actually started a new job yesterday as a home-care PT. He's excited for the change, and I'm excited about the better hours and other perks. As an aside, the assisted living center where he'll be seeing most of his patients is predominately Jewish. He got a kick out of a sign he saw posted there that said, "Shalom Already." Ha!
I continue to keep busy with the fam, work, writing and all the little things that leave me wondering where the time went at the end of the day. After a LONG, dark winter I'm joyfully anticipating a warm, sunny spring and summer (my fav!) Looking forward to making up for last year's missed OC vacation too! And as hokey as it might sound, just appreciating everything more than I ever have before.
Here's wishing you sunny days and lots of reasons to dance like Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment