Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Picture and A Prayer Festival--And A Little Dixie Too!















Well, hello again! So much for updating more regularly. I guess I've been so busy living life, it's hard to find time to document it.

Anyhoo...here's my new favorite pic of the kids and me taken by their daddio. Although it was shot just a few weeks ago, the plaid background is already history. (Can you hear Eric's big "Woo to the Hoo!" since he was never a fan?) It's all thanks to some chocolate brown slipcovers, fun throw pillows, a great area rug and the surprisingly discriminating taste of my personal designer "JR" (that's Jacob Robert--my little shopping companion.) When I told Eric that the simple changes really updated the space with an air of sophisticated whimsy, he told me I'd been watching too much HGTV. True that. Not sure why I'm speaking hip hop though.

On the topic of faux designers, I'd like to pause for a moment of silence for the late Dixie Carter, the feisty Southern star of one of my favorite '80s sitcoms, "Designing Women." No one could deliver a more eloquently-put smackdown with the perfect mix of class and sass--all without ever smearing her expertly-applied lipstick. Julia Sugarbaker--the quintessential Steel Magnolia--you'll be missed! Not to worry, we'll meet again someday--on Lifetime. (Where I also go for my beloved Golden Girls fix--another tribute for another day.)

Switching gears, as advertising committee co-chair for our church's Children's Prayer Festival, here's my plug to drum up business. It's a free event with everything from food to a moon bounce, plus the chance for kids to meet the people in their neighborhood-- from farmers to firefighters--and learn how to pray for them. Since I'm a somewhat paranoid safety-girl, if you want all the details--like when and where--leave a comment and I'll contact you directly.

Thank you for being a friend.


(If that doesn't make you finish the themesong, you need more Lifetime in your TV diet.)

No comments: