With all quiet on the baby front, I have time to think about less pressing matters...like showering. I have been granted every-other-day shower privileges, which involves an approximately 3-minute washdown in a chair, balancing on one cheek (my invention) to keep gravity on my side as much as possible. It's not a pretty picture, but the highlight of every 48-hours when I languish in a few brief moments of luxury, a.k.a. removing the hospital stink. To the outside world, a simple shower may not be cause for celebration, but in my new surroundings, it's just one of the many things that I didn't give much thought to before, but suddenly view with new apreciation. In fact, this applies to everything from seeing the inside of Target to taking out the trash. Have my daydreams taken a dive, or am I just realizing how pleasurable the simple pleasures can be?
So enjoy your day--REALLY enjoy it--and ALL the little things that contribute to our life experiences. In other words, take time to truly smell the roses...or even the trash.
5 comments:
I want that shower in the picture! :-)
I'm glad you are doing this...one more "favorite" to check every day. :-)
Hang in there! Lots of love,
Anna
OK, so now I don't feel so bad that one of the top questions on my list for the Doctor performing our c-section is "When can I shower". It's a powerful thing, a nice washdown - I'm glad you are savouring yours. And I think this is good reason to have that shower in the picture installed in your house while you are "nesting". You sooo deserve it.
Keep on truckin' Laurie Sue -
Big hugs - Anne
Laurie,
So glad we got to visit today! You look FABULOUS!!! Kudos to Eric on decorating your room. It looks pretty "homey" with all the pictures, flowers and 4th of July decorations! Keep your positive spirit shining and your days will keep crossing off that calendar faster than you think. Remember there are a world of Moms in prayer for you each day! We support Camp Cupcake! Keep 'em cooking!!!
Staci & Jeff :)
Hi. We are in your in-laws sunday school class. Now that you are on bed rest, this will give you lots of time to "blog stalk" other people that are blogging. It's kind of fun! I've been blogging for about 8 mos. now because all of my family lives in TX and I live in OH now with my husbands family. We are all praying for you. I know those babies will keep on cookin'! And we will be praying for your sanity!!
Hi Laurie! Thank you for writing your blog. I so appreciate being able to know how you're doing and feeling even though we haven't talked in so long. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are one tough cookie! Love, Heidi
Post a Comment