Monday, June 30, 2008

Go Jake Go!

After our appt and in-depth ultrasound with the high-risk group this morning, they were they pleased with Jake's progress. At 27 weeks, he is now 2.5 pounds exactly and measuring a week ahead growth-wise (which is no indication of lung development, but every extra thing will help). They agree with our decision to stay the course, but under heavy monitoring--total bedrest, blood draws once or twice a day for white counts, frequent checks of my vitals, and 24-hour heart and contraction monitoring. That's what I'm most happy about, in that I can actually doze off knowing "Big Brother" (a.k.a. the nurses) are always watching.

That said, at the first sign of any problems, I am steps away from the O.R. (here in Labor & Delivery Room 12) where they will whisk him out.

In the meantime, every hour, day, etc. is a gift, and we'll take whatever we can get! Go Jake Go!!!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Go JAKE GO!! We are all still praying for you and will continue as we follow you through. Hang in there sister!

emaroo said...

We are all Jake's huge cheering section!! Grow Jake Grow!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, Our whole family is praying for you and jake.Those nurses and doctors better be taking great care of you or I am coming in and giving them a piece of my mind. Seriously,may God's grace be real close in the days ahead. carol g.