As much as I can't wait for him to be ready to join us, a wise nurse reminded me that Jake is still ahead of his time, doing things that full-term babies wouldn't have to do for 5 more weeks. With that line of thinking, he's a genius! (And if he were running for office, that would be his campaign slogan: Jake Jentes--Ahead of His Time.)
So in addition to more feeding practice this week, he'll have an eye exam (routine for babies born under 32 weeks) and another brain scan (routine followup to the first one, which he passed.)
Here's hoping mealtime goes well--bottoms up!
1 comment:
Hi Laurie,
Still logging on and checking in !! I LOVE the updates and especially the photos (of Jake and Grace) !!
I hope your wait for Jake to come home is not too much longer, but I'm sure you're making the most of the time and sharing extra special mom and daughter moments with Grace while you have the time to do so.
Please know we continue to pray for your little family.
Love to all,
Cindi and family
Post a Comment