Later that night, E's parents arrived for a few days. E and his dad assembled the kids' new swing set (which a delighted Grace calls her "park.")
And with temporary live-in babysitters (it was nice while it lasted), E and I also got to take in a play (starring another childhood friend), run errands, etc. in preparation for Jake's Baptism.
Which brings us to today. We enjoyed a wonderful service, where we celebrated Jake's life and Drew's memory with beautiful hydrangeas on the altar and some very moving commentary. The pastor talked about Drew looking down from heaven as we promised to raise Jake in our Christian faith. Another bittersweet milestone, but one we were blessed to share with many of those we love.

Friday is Jake's highly-anticipated "boy surgery" (http://newsfromthenestnj.blogspot.com/2008/12/jake-update-and-back-to-office.html) barring colds or other sickness. Please pray that everything goes well and that his recovery is swift.
Oh, and some very happy news...a new Melson cousin has arrived! Colin Gabriel Melson was born yesterday, at home, to Alan and Emily. Mom, baby, and the rest of the family are doing great!
Time for some rest! Junior high Laurie would probably have a few more hours in her, but I'm pooped! :->
1 comment:
I could tell you were nostalgic that night! I am so glad we have stayed close all these years. It is so nice to have someone who gets my jokes and references without any explanations! :-)
Post a Comment