


Believe it or not, today marks 30 weeks for Mr. Jake! YEE HAW! He continues to seem happy and healthy on the inside so we're happy too!
While it's getting harder and harder not to go loopy in this bed, a visit from Miss Grace always gives me renewed strength and energy. (Not to mention a huge smile at her entrance since she's been arriving with a baseball cap, sparkle purse, cat-eye sunglasses and beaming grin.) While she's not always willing to join me in bed, E got some shots on the webcam (see above) during one of her braver visits. The middle shot especially cracks me up. After watching me use the inspirometer, she wanted to give it a try.
As for me, additional blood tests revealed the cause of my anemia is actually a gene mutation called beta thallasemia. It doesn't mean much more than the fact that I could bathe in iron and it wouldn't raise my hemoglobin level. So, I can finally cut back on all the tablets and hopefully not have to eat so many prunes. :-> And, after failing my 1-hour glocose test, I passed the 3-hour version, which means I do not have gestational diabetes and can continue to consume whatever sweets are sent my way. :-> Between these tests and my continued daily draws, I am convinced that they now have enough of my blood to clone me. (Makes me wonder what's really going on in the lab.)
On a more serious note, during my alone time, I find myself thinking about Andrew a lot. But along with the tears, I still have hope in the fact that we WILL meet him someday, and that everything that happened (painful as it may be) is part of a greater plan. Lately, I have found comfort in a song that says we can continue to praise God and trust in Him, whether things are hunky dorey or total crap (a little paraphrasing on my part). I'll close with a link:
1 comment:
Great job Jake on making 30 weeks! I knew you could do it. It's great to see pictures of you and the room I've heard so much about and of course, little Miss Gracie Girl.
Granmom knows all about the low hemoglobin stuff. Sounds like you inherited it from her.
Keep up the good work. All my friends are still praying for you and reading your blog. Kisses to you all.
Love, GAM
Post a Comment