Not much to report today, other than the fact that we made it to 31 weeks! After some bleeding, contracting, etc. yesterday, we thought the jig was up, but another day has passed and I am still pregnant. And so the waiting continues...
In the meantime, I'm working on my nursing degree. Well, not really...I still couldn't begin to handle most of the things they do--first and foremost, BLOOD. But, I do know how to take my own blood pressure and temp (although they do it themselves anyway), operate the ankle pump machine and air mattress, adjust the baby on the monitor I wear 24/7 and read the strip that it outputs. I've also made a game out of beating the nurses to getting Jake back on the monitor when our wiggly boy wanders off. E, being more mobile, rounds up linens, snacks and drinks. And as a former lab tech, he also has the ability to draw and analyze my blood, but they'd definitely frown upon that.
Anyway, happy weekend!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.
Post a Comment